Thursday, June 10, 2010

More advice on staying in touch with home....

Connie (who will be at the PDO) just wrote me:

"One more thing: I think I forgot to mention that several of us who had netbooks or laptops SKYPED with our families during the trip. It was easy to do with the connections at the hotels.

Also, I saw an ad for a CYSCO (sp?) wireless modem that looks like a thumb drive, and perhaps people will want that. A friend of mine in India had one last year and he could access the internet via a satellite anywhere.... Amazing technology!"

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. A wireless modem from Cisco? I better run over to Best Buy and check it out.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also bought an air card/port through my cell provider and it provides coverage overseas. Monthly fee - 40/mth, unlimited access.

    Also, I did chk that Cisco - It's on sale at Office Max for $49.99

    ReplyDelete