Friday, June 4, 2010

More advice from Past Participant

Good Friday Morning.....

I asked a past participant about her experience with using emails and phones on the program and here was her reply:

"Many people brought netbooks or small laptops with them to communicate with people at home. I did not have a netbook at the time, but wish I had. I had access to internet in almost all hotels but it was expensive [I have asked her to let us know how much was expensive]. Personally, I would have rather been able to type up an email on my laptop an then send it using the smallest increment of internet time. (Most hotels charged by the minute.) Some even charged for the time it took to write an email in a word program because the hotels charged for the use of the computer.
Many people were also trying to write blogs, which was easier to do when they had a personal netbook. As for myself, I splurged on the hotel internet costs about twice a week. I also had international cell phone service that I only used a couple times."

No comments:

Post a Comment